Thursday 1 September 2011

Cake Flavours, Buttercreams & Fillings

Sometimes I get cake clients who are very specific about what they want and exactly how they want it. I like these but truthfully feel more pressure to meet each & every pre-conceived expectation this client has.

Then I have people who just love what I do and know that I will satisfy them no matter what happens - even when it comes to choosing the flavour of cake & buttercream they want. :) YAY!

At any rate, I thought I would post a quick note on the types of cakes that I have had experience in making (and in some ways perfecting) along with the buttercream flavours I have done and any fillings. Hopefully this will help you think up some reason (big or small) for a custom cake from me!!

CAKE FLAVOURS:
Vanilla, French Vanilla, Chocolate, Lemon, Coconut Pound
Vanilla Cream Cheese Pound
Coconut Cream Cheese Pound
Chocolate Chip Pound
Decadent Chocolate
Carrot Cake
Red Velvet

BUTTERCREAM ICING FLAVOURS:
Traditional vanilla or chocolate buttercream (BC)
Vanilla bean BC
French Vanilla BC
Cream Cheese BC (can flavour orange or lemon for a twist)
Rich chocolate BC
Peanut Butter BC
Assorted flavours - cherry, raspberry, lemon, apple, coffee, bavarian, orange, lemon, bubblegum, tuttifruitti, red licorice, anise, root beer, champagne

FILLING IDEAS: (not all cakes can handle a filling due to structure)
Fresh fruit - strawberries, raspberry, blueberry coulis, etc
Lemon curd
Bavarian cream
Cannoli cream
Cookies n cream
Broken chocolate bars (like Reese PB Cups, Skor, Crispy Crunch or your FAVE)

Let me know if you think of anything else that's not on my list! I'm happy to have more ammunition to make people smile!!

No comments:

Post a Comment