Friday 23 September 2011

Busy days of September!

Is anyone else struggling with the concept that it's officially fall? That September is almost over? That pretty soon we'll be talking about those 2 dreaded words...Christmas shopping? Yikes!!

My life has suddenly spun into fast forward and I have no remote to control it. Up early and thick into chaos as I try to get myself, my 3 children and my husband out the door for school with full tummies and clean faces! Ok, I don't really care about my husband's face!! That he can at least do right?

The life of high school teacher is never dull especially when you combine that with being a mom of 3 and one who takes on more cake orders than she can handle! I just can't say NO...but I'm learning. I actually said it today. So there!

This weekend is a nutty one and I've already completed a cake for Thursday which was a "donation" to a school fundraiser. It's the Bulldog cake (once I actually get pics loaded, you'll be able to see it) and I'm happy to say that my hours of school-night fussing were worth the fact that the School Council sold lots of tickets to raise money for a family in need AND that the winners of the cake were the Special Needs students of my school! WINNING!!

Tomorrow morning I'll be delivering 2 cakes to the same location - school! Our head secretary ordered a custom cake for her dad's 85th birthday (loves golf and lawn bowling) and a former student ordered an Alice in Wonderland theme cake for his girlfriend's 20th birthday! I'm pretty happy with my designs and have about 1.2 cakes left to do out of 2! It's going to be a late night!

Then on Sunday I had to break my "1 cake/week" rule (already had at this point) because Ty's mom emailed me and requested a special Mater cake for her boy's 2nd birthday. I made Ty's 1st birthday cake so how on Earth could I refuse?  So needless to say, my Saturday will be cake-filled from morning til night with delivery and creating Mater! Whew!

How are you spending your weekend? Any other cakers out there who have a hard time saying NO? Please advise!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment