Friday 26 August 2011

My first cheesecake order and a custom 30th cake for Matt!

So it's been a slow summer on the cake-making front and I LOVED IT!! I had a super & sunny July with the kids and watched my husband almost single-handedly build us a beautiful & huge deck!! Great work honey!

Now with much of the summer behind us and "school" fast approaching, I am getting some cake orders...among other things! I had the funniest phonecall from a friend of my mother-in-law's. She is a beautiful lady named Phyllis from Jamaica and she wanted to order a cheesecake for her son's birthday. ?? Ok, I can bake a cheesecake as good as the next guy, but I was curious. Did she want it custom-decorated since that's sort of what I do. Her response (with a very thick Jamaican accent) "Oh no darlin!! Decorations would just take away from it don't you think?" So cute! So I am about to get started on a plain cheesecake. "Maybe throw some strawberries on it" she said. OK! Strawberries it is!

My other order for this weekend is a pretty special one! Matt turns 30 and his family is having a huge pig-roast/BBQ/Pool Party to celebrate! Lucky for me, they live 2 doors down so it will be a fun party & easy to find my way back home after some celebration!  Matt's mom said that he loves golf, Harley motorcycles, California and Katy Perry. Hmmm...my creative juices flowed for me and I sketched out a design to encorporate all of Matt's LOVES. Hope it turns out. I'll take some pics once it's finished!

Not much more going on in cakeland for me...just a whole lot of things to do to get myself and the kids ready for school in 11 days!!

Thank you so much for your continued interest & support in my cake passion. I'm really going to attempt to stick to 1 or 2 cake orders/week this year...goodness knows I have lots of room to be a better mom/housekeeper/teacher if I had more time on my hands! So please message me sooner than later if you're thinking of a custom cake for an upcoming gathering!!

Cheers,
C

No comments:

Post a Comment