Sunday 10 April 2011

My week in Cake Land

Well that was a rough week!! Late nights, stresses, and some tears! But it's over and as far as I know there are at least 3 happy "clients" out there. Thursday was the CGC Sheetrock Ultralight cakes for their Miss and Oakville offices - little tricky with the travel to Burlington but according to my contact, everyone was happy and cakes were delicious!!

Next came the Retirement cake for 2 ladies- the client phoned on Monday so I had to squeeze this in between CGC and my daughter's 5th birthday. So glad I did. It was a lot of fun to make and didn't really stress me out! Cake was vanilla with vanilla buttercream - white wine glass & tumbler of rum & Coke made of gumpaste. The client was thrilled and even tipped me! YAY!!

And then my favourite cake - Ariel and friends for my beautiful Naia!! Truth be told, I procrastinated all Saturday morning on this one because I knew that I would struggle with Ariel's face/head. Sure enough - I did! But I'm glad I tried out the modelling chocolate I made. It was very easy to colour and fun to work with b/c it doesn't dry out like gumpaste. AND it tastes amazing!! I just wish I were better at sculpting faces!! Oh well - the party people loved it and most importantly Naia loved it!!

So now I rest (although I had to make a batch of cakes already for the freezer in preparation for this coming weekend). Super Mario cake for 5yr old Marshall and a Toopy & Binoo cake for 1yr old Layne! This is going to be F-U-N!!!

See ya soon and thanks for looking!
Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment