Monday 11 April 2011

Cakes, cakes and more cakes!!

When it rains, it pours is all I can say!! Isn't that always the way though? I had a little down-time from cakes in March and really wasn't all that booked up for April. Now, however, I find myself doing another 3-cake-week!! I LOVE it! I'm not complaining (yet!!). But I did sort of vow that since I teach fulltime, have 3 kids to somehow mother/love/teach/rear, a husband who also needs some sort of attention, a training schedule, and commitments to my church, that I'd stick to 2 cakes per week! I just can't help myself. It's so hard to say NO.

So this week looks like this: a small custom birthday cake for Wednesday (my Principal's wife so how do I possibly say no to this?), a medium birthday cake for my favourite repeat customer family (you might recall the Fireman Sam cake I did for Marshall's 4th bday last year - it's in my gallery) - this time Marshall wants Super Mario!! And finally for Sunday, a special 1st bday cake for Layne - Toopy & Binoo!! I'm actually pretty excited for all 3! And none of them involve drywall or crazy piping skills!

I made 3 more cakes and have them in the freezer, made a big batch of vanilla buttercream, and strawberry/banana marshmallow fondant! I'm ready! 1 cake dirty iced and in the cold room! Tomorrow night after swimming I'll knock off the Wed cake and then hopefully get the Mario cake started before my parish council meeting Wed night.

Ok, enough! You don't need to listen to me whine! I know that I got myself into this - and I'll enjoy every moment! Thanks so much for your support! If you do need a cake, however, please give me as much notice as possible. I really really don't want to say NO but I totally can't do more than 3 a week. :)
Enjoy your week!
Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment