Saturday 16 April 2011

Another 3-cake week PLUS a 2-hr sleep on Friday = help!

I knew I was too old for it! I volunteered to spend the night at school on Friday for the 30-hour Famine! I sort of knew that I wouldn't get a good night's rest. I also knew that I had a cake to deliver for Sat and another one for Sunday and probably wouldn't get much done. However, I not only had a good time with the 39 students that committed to fasting for 30 hours in order to raise $ and awareness for World Vision (wow - they raised over $4000), I also managed to work til the wee hours of the morning on my Super Mario cake pieces. I didn't sleep well and for only 2 hours. But Mario was delivered at noon and the birthday boy, Marshall, was SOOOOOO excited!! I was actually pretty pleased with the finished cake! It's my 2nd Mario cake and I think better than my first!

Now, I'm going to finish Toopy & Binoo (another repeat cake for me) tonight and hope to have another happy client/birthday boy tomorrow! I'm tired for sure but I KNOW that Toopy, Binoo & Patchy Patch will perk me up!! And then I can relax going into the long weekend knowing that I can enjoy Easter with my family without baking/caking/delivering!! No cakes til the following weekend! YAY!

Thanks to all of those who keep me busy!! And to those who admire my work! You continue to set my bar high and I just go for it!! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment