Wednesday 11 January 2012

Happy New Year in Cake Land!

I can't believe that it is 2012 already. Time is flying by and since I no longer have internet at home, I have been away from my blog to update you on my weekly caking adventures since last year! Sorry!

2011 was a terrific year for me on many levels! My children are growing quickly, turning into very funny and complex individuals with amazing senses of humour and intelligence! We are truly blessed. My fulltime gig as a high school teacher often brings me joy (and frustration but that's part of it) and allows me to "share" my gift of teaching (or gab pending on the day!) with our youth!

In the land of cake, 2011 saw me completing 78 cakes! WOW! I can't believe I averaged more than 1 per week considering I did very few cakes in July and August. But I was blessed to have orders from friends, family, friends of friends, and total strangers as well! THANK YOU!!

I am excited to continue to hone my caking skills by taking some courses in 2012. I am also really going to make a better effort to keep my family FIRST and cakes SECOND so I will not do 5 cakes/week this year. If you have an upcoming special event or occasion and would like a custom-cake, please message me sooner than later so I don't have to break this resolution. I hate saying NO to cake orders, especially when they are cakes that I really want to do...but something has to give!

Thank you again for your support and love of all things cake!
I hope your 2012 is sweet in every way possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment